So I've reached a blogging wall. I can only attribute it to one thing...mayhem! My house and schedule has been a disaster area. I don't exactly know when this obsession with organization came - definitely not in high school - you can ask my sister/roommate about that one...hmm on second thought - don't. But I've found that I can't think straight when things are out of place nowadays. My husband has become the tupperware nazi and I recently found myself desperately trying to organize my two year old. "No no sweetie, that's a train piece, it goes in the 'trains bin' not the 'legos'" - are you kidding me?! We recently moved and my life has gone on hold during the last 2 weeks of unpacking, cleaning, organizing, tupperware-ing (my word) and re-organizing. Workout time and dinner prep has been devoted to desperately trying to get my house orderly (I've learned unpacking with an infant and 2 year old takes A LOT longer with multiple diapering, feeding and cheerio breaks!).
Why do I share this utterly boring and neurotic part of my life? Because like organization, nutrition is a discipline. You'd be amazed at how discipline (or lack thereof) in one area of your life can seep into all others. When the house is out of control and your schedule is frantic you typically don't make wise choices regarding your nutrition and emotional "comfort eating" is at its peak. You may need to take some time to organize numerous areas of your life. My house is getting there, my schedule is a work in progress, and my nutrition is back on track. Its been a long 3 months of transition. But again, life happens. A couple months in a lifetime is but a blink - definitely not enough time to undo all that you've done toward better nutrition. If you find yourself in a tailspin - back up and evaluate. Try a schedule and/or organizing your home/workplace. Schedule time to sit down for meals. Plan your grocery list ahead of time. Throw the junk you've allowed to seep into your home out. Sit down with the family and talk over dinner rather than plop in front of the TV for a 10:00pm dinner (I've been there). Organization may not come naturally to you, but like nutrition, its a discipline you can work at. Take the power of your home, schedule, and food choices back. YOU determine what you put in your mouth, no one else. Plan ahead and most certainly throw stuff out! When you can't throw out - there's always tupperware. :)
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment