Thursday, August 5, 2010

Elliptical

The elliptical...just happens to be one of our best purchases after having Kal (my 2 yr old). I learned early on that getting to a gym was just not going to happen like it used to - childcare alone was just impossible. I tried a company in Sarasota where Kal could go to workouts with me in his stroller 3 mornings a week. Right about the time I was tired of enduring the embarrassment of a screaming child at every workout, Kal almost made up for said embarrassment by sleeping in most mornings until 9 a.m. I could only work out on days that I wasn't working, so on my mornings off, of course I woke him up to go work out...baaahhahahahah. Are you kidding me? I am a BIG fan of sleep, and I am definitely NOT a morning person. So alas. The elliptical and p90x was purchased and gym memberships were dropped. We have gotten so much use out of both and are now saving money without a gym membership.

Do what it takes to get some physical activity in your day and make it fit your lifestyle, because like changing your eating habits, if it takes too much effort you won't stick with it. Exercise puts you in a "healthy mindset," people generally make nutritious choices when they exercised that day. If you can't work out, don't stress, do what you can to stay as active as possible and remember - weight loss goals CAN be achieved by simply modifying your calories even if you never lift a barbell or jog on an elliptical.

(So far all maintaining days this week, and I'm okay with that).

1 comment:

  1. So true!!! Makes me want to get an elliptical!!! Thanks for the encouragement/motivation to keep going...I've stepped up my routine and it feels great!

    ReplyDelete